When you ask a question be sure you follow the basic rules;
- Use correct grammar and make sure the reader can understand what you want answered.
The Console has to be enabled to be opened in-game.
- Make a shortcut to your "daorigins.exe" file (located in the bin_ship) folder on your desktop or Start Menu. Add the line "-enabledeveloperconsole" to the end of the shortcut, without quotes, and it should look something like "C:\Program Files\Dragon Age\bin_ship\daorigins.exe" -enabledeveloperconsole.
- This also works for the STEAM version. Go to your My Games tab and right-click on Dragon Age: Origins. In the General tab you will see "Set launch options...", click on it and add "-enabledeveloperconsole" (without quotes).
- Open the file \BioWare\Dragon Age\Settings\KeyBindings.ini in your My Documents folder. Find the line that says OpenConsole_0 and change the value after the equals sign (=) to Keyboard::Button_Tilde. To open the console after running the game, press the ~ button in the top left corner of your keyboard.
- Note that adding this line to the shortcut created when you install which links to dalauncher.exe WILL NOT WORK. Also note that you will not be able to see the console, but you can tell that it is open because keys you normally can use as shortcuts to commands will no longer work (C for Character Record, etc).